Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hello, World

For my first Apollo (alpha 1) application, I've decided to write a small, simple app that will allow the user to search by username for geotagged images on flickr, convert the geo data to .kml, and save the kml file out to the local file system for use in Google Earth.

I chose to start with this application for several reasons. First, I've been playing around with the Flickr API a bit and wanted more experience. Second, it was a good excuse to spend time in Apollo and get used to that. Third, mashups and 2.0 seem to be what everybody won't shut up about, so I decided to go with the time-honored "If you can't beat em..."

I'll be posting a rundown of the development process later, including a link to download the sample application and source code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home